Memoirs of a Taiping Boy

Memoirs of a Taiping Boy

Monday 27 August 2012

How Do We Live Our Life

Yesterday my family visited my wife's cousin who is in a bitter battle with cancer. Looking at her, brought sad memories of my good friend who died due to cancer a few years ago. Really, really sad to look at someone you know who was in good health years ago now has become weak and frill.

This morning, more sad news. I heard on the radio that Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, had died. Why or how could this man be associated to my life?

You see, the Apollo 11 Mission, the first man's landing on the moon in 1969, that year I was 8 years old. I was in school Primary Two when this historic event took place. I am sure to say that many boys dreamt of being an astonaut, to fly space-ships and to fly into space.

My father bought a special issue of Life magazine that contained a lot of pictures of the Apollo 11 mission. I regret very much for not have kept the magazine in prime condition.

News of other people's death and knowing someone would die soon reflects on my own mortality. Sadly, human beings inevitably die.

I remember to have read in Robin Sharma's book, something about questioning yourself,"How would you live your life if you know you would die tomorrow?".

There was another line he wrote, "Who will cry when you die?".

In his book, Robin suggested one to make a list of "100 Things To Do Before I Die". I tried writing up the list but I think I reached less than twenty items. Eighty more to think of.

Man, I got to Think, Act, Live.....

No comments:

Post a Comment